You can also follow me on:

Sunday, January 2, 2011

NYC | Part 1 | Congac is a true gentlemens drink.

So San Francisco is really a lovely place, however, after spending just under a week there I felt that leaving the city - which was known in the late 50s and 60s as the birth place of the famous LSD and psychodelic (later changed to psychedelic) movement - and heading east to New York was the most logical city upgrade. San Fran reminded me of Melbourne just a little; not too busy, not too many tourists and just enough hills to make your leg muscles throb for days.

NYC on the other hand is a clusterfuck of commuter mayhem. 1.7 million residents all comfortably packed into a 60 square kilometer area (this is in Manhattan alone, the county of New York has another 18.3 million people hiding throughout the other 4 boroughs!). Add a ridiculous amount of Christmas tourists into the mix and 8 days of near perfect weather (sunny, maybe slightly overcast and a temperature somewhere between -12 and -2 degrees C) and you have your self one seriously brilliant city!

I never thought that I would really like Manhattan, I am not a Sex in the City fan and I don't know anyone called Chuck Bass, these (and Wall Street) seem to be the only things people relate to when they speak of NYC, so I was not expecting much! How I underestimated!

I must say though, the walk over the Brooklyn Bridge to Bedford Avenue was truly the highlight, for two reasons. 1) Finding somewhere that is peaceful with just the right amount of 'hipster' always meant good food and good bars. 2) You were still only a 5 minute subway ride from the center of the earth (downtown Manhattan!)

I am not able to put all the shots into one post so I will quit with the typing and add some more mindless dribble into the next installment!

Xo.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Final image shot by Sarah Tulloch on the High Line.

Nick Found

No comments:

Post a Comment