You can also follow me on:

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Slovenija | Part One | The route contains charge area.

As you may (or may not) have noticed this post is titled by name of country, not city. This is because I was not set in a specific place for a week or two as in the previous posts. From Hungary the best way to Slovenia was by car (Volvo it seems), this meant getting out of the conformity of a city and into the freedom of the country side was super easy and, that is exactly what happened!

The first stop (and base camp) was Lake Bled in the North West of the country. I first visited here in the summer of 2006 (staying with Jani in his house of Jazz, a truly brilliant Hostel!) and fell instantly in love with the place. I had never seen a town like it before, so clean, fresh and a natural landscape that left your jaw firmly stuck to the ground.

I was so excited to come back. They say that if you dine out and have a dish that makes you spasm with joy, not to eat the same meal at the same place again as it will never be the same. I was worried about this with returning Bled, however, the weather played nice and holy shit, I am so glad I went back to eat there again.

Please enjoy these few shots as much as I enjoyed taking them. There are 100's more in the archive which I will look back on in the future as "that time in Bled when the planets aligned".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nick Found

No comments:

Post a Comment