You can also follow me on:

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Budapest | Part One | A lap full of hot tea.

From Prague, getting to Budapest was best achieved by train, this was painful for two reasons.
1) Being stuck in a glass box, moving past some of the most brilliant photo opportunities I have come across at something like 150km/h with no option to leave the locomotive for the entire journey.
2) Having a scolding hot, perfectly steeped, fresh cup of tea spilt onto my delicate genitalia (lap) (by a man who will remain nameless), ruining a good jumper, shirt and warm under top thing, thus forcing me to do a full costume change in the WC (toilet) that you could neither stand up nor sit down in it was that small, all the while wondering if the pain I was experiencing would ever end.

Now Budapest. This city is truly beautiful. Everyone who I had spoken to about Hungary and Budapest told me how quiet it was, how very few tourists there were and how great all the baths are! I can happily say it was quiet with very few tourists, however, one thing I was not expecting is the city itself is huge. Far bigger than I had imagined with both Buda and Pest requiring much more time to get to know. This is a place I will defiantly return to in the near future.

I loved shooting here, there were some great opportunities for some super long night exposures which will feature in this up date as well as Part Two in a few days.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nick Found

No comments:

Post a Comment