You can also follow me on:

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Prague | Part One | A family white Christmas.

Being from Australia, for most of us, traveling overseas is a big deal! We are far enough away from the rest of the world (please don't tell anyone!) to warrant large extended periods of time away from home. As the title of this post indicates, I am now in the Czech Republic, Prague to be exact. Here with my family for a white Christmas! (I am fully aware that it is the 5th of January, just play along!) This was not though as easy as it should have been. It snowed, A LOT!

A simple one stop flight from JFK to Prague ended up being a combination of three flight cancellations, a night in London, a train to Bristol, a delayed flight to Brussels (Belgium) before finally making it to Prague three days late and just before Christmas. Apparently there was an 'anti freeze' problem!

I won't say to much more, you can just enjoy the shots!

However, I would though like to draw your attention to the first image. It was taken with my 5D MKii using a LOMO Diana EOS Lens Adapter and a plastic Wide Angle, LOMO Diana Lens, which is full frame compatible! This was shot at 50mm, with no F Stop, no Focus, none of the tricks that come with 'L Series' glass and zero post editing. I had a play with it in Brooklyn however forgot I had it until now! I will attempt to do a few comparison shots at 50mm shortly to really show the difference between good glass and retro plastic! Until then, absorb the brilliant softness of this first shot and what ever else follows!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nick Found

No comments:

Post a Comment