You can also follow me on:

Monday, February 14, 2011

Austria | Part Two | Drugs, Drink, CNN & Sleep.

After learning how to be a professional skier (?) and spending 3 days watching CNN drugged out of my mind on Flu tablets, Penicillin, Codeine and filled with secret Austrian health drinks (thanks Barbs), it was best to leave Dienten and head to St Wolfgang, a short drive up the road (that, though, is neither informative or relevant). With a couple of days of rehab & detox it was business as usual: Get up, shit, shower, shave and shoot.

I was told that out of my window there was a great lake in which the area was named after (Wolfgangsee). Unfortunately there was also fog. Not the "lets get the camera out and shoot dreamy contrasting landscapes" fog, more of the "where the fuck did the world go, I swear it was here before that nap" type. On the last day though, en-route to Munich airport it lifted, and my god was it pretty! This was reminiscent of Lake Bled (not so romantic), huge hills, awe inspiring reflections and stark, crisp sky.

In here also (separated by a triple space and a vertical line for ease of access) is a shot comparison taken with that pokey little Diana Plastic LOMO Lens I spoke of previously. It is easy to see the difference (one hopes) between my usual L 16-35mm f/2.8 and the Plastic. One day when I am not constantly being face smashed by new land/city scapes I will leave the Canon glass behind and shoot solely with plastic. Until then, it is just a tease!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

|

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

|

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nick Found

No comments:

Post a Comment