You can also follow me on:

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Austria | Part One | Man Flu.

After a Skype conversation with a close friend of mine about how fortunate it is I haven't caught my death yet - as Australians never have to deal with this degree of cold - I forgot to touch wood and was smacked in the face with some sort of sick Austrian flu. To be fair (to Austria) it did start in Slovenija and the two days I spent sucking ass (slang for 'not being very good at') on the most phenomenal ski slopes one has ever seen, I guess was not the best way to cure/aid the ill.

On a side note, Dienten am Hochkönig is where this post originated from, an Austrian hidden secret. With a population of 18 (or there abouts) and over 150km of perfect (PERFECT) ski runs. One would really wish to be good enough to ski this, I however, am not. The pain, the cold, the near death "hey beginner skier lets learn on this black run" lesson, eating snow, and the oncoming flu definitely reminded me how much I like: standing still, photography, warmth and life.

Right, enough whingeing, had to get that off my chest! The positive side is that there was about half an hour in these 5 days where I got the camera out long enough for the mechanism to freeze over and get a few shots worthy of posting.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nick Found

1 comment: