You can also follow me on:

Friday, December 3, 2010

From the vaults_004: Qatar 2006

Whilst looking through my images from Qatar yesterday, I was blissfully unaware of the current World Cup bid that was happening. So with even more relevance (for those nearly as far behind as me, Qatar will host in 2022), here are a few shots from my time there.

These were shot on my first dSLR, a Canon 350D, during the 2006 Asian Games.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last two images are of the local Qataris celebrating after there win in the football final against Iraq on December 15th. I doubt anyone slept that night with the sounds of car horns, revving engines, fireworks, flares and general party continuing on well into the morning.

Nick Found

No comments:

Post a Comment