You can also follow me on:

Friday, March 25, 2011

Istanbul | Part One | Cats and Carpets.

As the "make peace with what ever God you barrack for" sign starts to flash the plane does a small barrel roll to the right and I end up with a second lap full of hot tea - perfectly steeped once again. You know when the cabin crew start to cry that everything bad is about to happen. I take the brace position - because I can reach the seat in front of me - this apparently will help as you hurtle into the ground at Mach 5. I am sure it is now all over. The captain comes onto the radio.
Captain: Gentlemen and Ladies, due to a slight technical problem we have been delayed a further fifteen minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience, we will have this bird in the air as soon as the First Class toilet can properly evacuate the rare and exotic caviar it will no doubt receive en-route (possibly exaggerated).
Guy Beside Me: eh man, can yous believe dis shit? I dinnt pay free pounds last minnet to be delayed fer en our.
Me: What the fuck, we are still on the ground. Why is there tea in my lap? Dammit.
Anyway, whilst in Istanbul I took some pictures. They are shown below. A bit more of a story and a few more shots from one of my favourite cities coming up soon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nick Found.

No comments:

Post a Comment