You can also follow me on:

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Finland | Part Two | Bear is a Mans meat.

Heading north into the Arctic Circle in a less than impressed Volvo. Racing at 80 kilometers per hour along frozen lakes on a high powered Ski-doo. Having the juice in your eyes freeze in sub -20 temperatures. Shooting behind a pack of 12 overly energetic Huskies. Finland just never stopped impressing the pants off me.

The last day was obviously when the weather became perfect - one has never seen colours so clean, crisp and fresh - with all the right signs to see the Northern Lights racing through the sky. However, the flight back to Helsinki saw the old Canon race south, away from that one shot that I have dreamed about for so many years.

I am glad that I missed these Northern Lights (which I will only believe exist when I get to see them!) It really makes for the best reason (not that one is even needed) to return to one of the most beautiful countries I have ever seen.

Please enjoy some more of the remarkable Finnish landscape.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nick Found

No comments:

Post a Comment